While I’m in the interim period between finishing all of the business and editing aspects of my book, The Before Now and After Then, and the actual release on 7/29, I’ve decided to participate in this 30 day blogging challenge for the month of June. I chose 6 different blog challenges, and I’ve decided that for each day, I”ll pick my favorite question, to keep it different and exciting since I’ve done this kinds of challenges before. For Day 1, which is 12 hours late due to internet problems, I’ve decided to pick 20 Random Facts About Myself and 5 Ways to Grab My Attention! I’ve done so many of these 20 Random Things posts and videos that I’m going to try and come up with all new things this time that I haven’t talked about before! Check out my answers below and enjoy!
20 Random Facts About Myself
1. My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby. I just ate an entire container tonight while watching 2 episodes of L.A. Hair.
2. I’m obsessed with documentaries. Some of my favorites are Aileen: Life and Death of a Serial Killer, The Paradise Lost trilogy. The Queen of Versailles, Living Dolls, The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, Me at the Zoo, No one Dies in Lily Dale, Stevie, Hey Boo and Bill W.
3. My signature scent is Michael Kors. It is the only cologne I have worn for at least the last 20 years.
4. I hate wearing socks, but I think guys in socks are adorable.
5. I refuse to eat any fish. No, seriously.
6. My favorite Christmas movie is Smoky Mountain Christmas with Dolly Parton.
7. I am also obsessed with listening to the talk radio show Coast to Coast radio from 1-5am every night.
8. If I could meet any one person, it would be Harper Lee, who wrote To Kill a Mockingbird, which is my favorite book and movie.
9. I get a venti iced coffee with 3 equals every day at Starbucks. If I get a fountain soda, it’s always a 32 ounce Diet Dr. Pepper with crushed ice. If I’m at a restaurant I prefer root beer or Mr. Pibb, but will settle Diet Coke. I love water, but I don’t drink very much of it. At home, I typically drink Crystal Light lemonade.
10. I avidly believe in aliens, pyschics and anything paranormal.
11. I am also an extremely, not religious, person and believe we go to a very real looking, visual afterlife when we die.
12. I’ve been clean and sober since I was 22. Prior to being a life coach and writer, I was an inpatient counselor at a residential drug and alcohol treatment center for adolescents.
13. I’m an obsessive reader, especially of young adult books. Check out my Goodreads profile for all of my favorite books. My most recent favorites are Two Boys Kissing and Every Day by David Levithan, The Geography Club series by Brent Hartinger, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira and of course, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
14. When I sleep, I have to have two down pillows and a fan directly on my face and I usually fall asleep with my hand in a fist under my chin. I take at least a 2 hour nap every day, and I sleep better during those 2 hours than I do in an entire night of sleep.
15. I’ve seen every episode of the TV show Roseanne.
16. I’m really attracted to small town life. Walmarts and country drives. Walking in the grass and sitting on front porches until late at night while lightening bugs and cicada buzz all around me. Gas stations with strong coffees, summer carnivals and farmhouses sitting way off of the road next to gravel driveways.
17. I love reading and watching television specials about serial killers and murder investigations. I wanted to be a detective when I was a kid.
18. Depending on the minute, I range from not caring what people think about me all the way to entirely caring too much what people think about me.
19. My favorite brand of jeans are Levi’s or Joes. I love vintage western shirts and concert tees. I also love Chuck Taylors, vans and high top sneakers, which my husband especially looks sexy wearing!
20. I love sleeping in hotel rooms.
5 Ways to Grab My Attention!
1. Send me a cute message, email, postcard or letter. No one sends actual mail anymore!
2. Wink at me from across the room.
3. Massage my shoulders from behind without me knowing it.
4. Going out of your way to be kind and considerate of me.
5. Ask for my attention…I’m always looking for new friends!
And stay tuned for the release of my book The Before Now and After Then July 29th 2014! Add my book to your Goodreads to-read shelf and go there to find out more and visit my author page! Thanks!
Stay tuned until tomorrow for my next 30 Day Challenge Post!
Please Follow Me!