Hey guys! It’s been awhile, but I’ve been diligently working on my next novel. I took the day off today and have been lazing around the house, catching up on TV(I’m watching the season premier of Monica the Medium right now!), and trying to figure out how to return my new Converse low tops for a different size. While I’ve been watching TV I’ve been roaming through some of my favorite book blogs and YouTube book bloggers. I started thinking to myself, “You love books. You write books. You are constantly reading books and listening to books and reading book blogs and YouTube videos about books, so why don’t YOU start a book blog?” I’ve always believed that there are writers and there are book bloggers, but why not someone who does both? The decision has been made. Starting July 1st, once I’ve finished the final pieces of my next novel, I will have a book blog as an extension of this site. I will also be doing videos of book hauls, book reviews, favorite books of the month, etc. Make sure you check back and if you have any books for review, check out my contact section!
In the meantime, I’ve decided to complete this really fun Book Blogger Test I found on two of my favorite book blogs, CELINEREADS and MyriadInklings! (If you don’t know of these blogs please go check them out!) Check out the Book Blogger Test Below!
Book Blogger Test
What are your top three book pet peeves?
- Really cheesy dialogue between teenagers in YA fiction written by adults who forgot they were once teenagers.
- The face that in YA fiction, most teenagers don’t have sex, do drugs or drink. They might use profanity once in a blue moon or get drunk at one party in high school.
- Terminal illnesses being in tons of books since The Fault in Our Stars.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
If I’m listening to an audio book, my favorite spot is driving around late at night on country roads while drinking a cup of strong, gas station coffee.
My favorite place to actually read a book is by the pool or on the beach, the sun glaring down on me as I daydream and get lost in an amazing book.
Tell us three book confessions.
- I’ve only read about 20 pages of the first Harry Potter book and couldn’t get into it at all. I also haven’t seen the movies. Both are on my Must list for 2016.
- I love zombie books, but I can’t get into vampire, witches or paranormal books at all.
- I buy more books than I ever could possibly read. I recently realized there is no way I can possibly read all of my books before I die.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
At the end of Julie Murphy’s Side Effects May Vary. I crave books that make me cry. I want to feel the characters and their emotions and get lost into their lives.
How many books are on your bedside table?
No books, just my Kindle. If I’m going to read in bed, I want it to be some scary book in the dark, by the light of my Kindle and maybe a candle or two.
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I don’t like to eat while I read, but I do love a strong cup of coffee or tea.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone
She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb
Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.
I’m going to cheat a little bit too, and show you how messy my bookcase is right now!
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
Love, love, love…
What is your biggest reading secret?
I like books better than people.
Please check out my book!